Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week Twenty: Wacky 80s - The Polecats - "Make a Circuit With Me" - Polecats are Go!

Anyone who knows me personally knows how big of a fan I am of Rockabilly style - pompadours, ponytails, hair flowers, animal prints, polka dots, cardigans, skirts, cropped jeans, cuffed jeans, Mary Janes, Creepers, tattoos, red lips, pink lips, black eyeliner, cherries, dice, and pin-ups, to name just a few - I love, love, love it all!!!  To me, it is such a classy and eternally-fashionable motif...

Therefore, it should come as no surprise that I am a fan of The Polecats - not to be confused with The Stray Cats, who are an equally enjoyable Rockabilly band.  The Polecats epitomize the Rockabilly sound, and this song is one of my favorite Rockabilly tunes.

And for all of you Morrissey fans who don't know this already, Boz Boorer, who played in The Polecats, has worked very closely with Morrissey throughout most of his solo career.

Be forewarned, if you have never heard this tune, it's one of those songs that will get stuck in your head and that you'll be humming along to all day...

I'm also including a youtube clip for another one of their tunes, "Rockabilly Guy", below the lyrics because it is such a fun video.





A sweet romance is not for me
I need electricity
If you wanna make me flip
Hit me with a micro chip

I'll be a diode, cathode, electrode
Overload, generator, oscillator
Make a circuit with me

Just plug in and go-go-go
I'll be your human dynamo
Signals in my power cord
Impulse on my circuit board

I'm an AC/DC man
You can read my circuit diagram
I feed on electric jolts
I need fifty-thousand volts

A sweet romance is not for me
I really need electricity
If you wanna make me flip
Come on and hit me with a micro chip

I'm an AC/DC man
You can read my circuit diagram
I feed on electric jolts
I need fifty-thousand volts






No comments:

Post a Comment