Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week Twenty: Wacky 80s - Haysi Fantayzee - "Shiny Shiny" - Living In Oblivion - Volume One

I learned early on in my musical quests that a fantastic way to discover bands was through the purchase of compilation cassettes.  Most of the music chains typically placed these in the very, very back of the store, and they were often dirt cheap and always on sale.  Two of my favorite series of compilations ended up being Left of the Dial and this one, Living in Oblivion.

Haysi Fantayzee is one of those bands who make you scratch your head in a WTF? manner. When I first heard this song, I hated it!!!  I could not help but thinking of a toothless family in dirty overalls sitting on a porch somewhere in the Deep South spitting watermelon seeds whilst enjoying this tune.

It eventually grew on me, and now I can't help but like it.  There are a few different versions of videos for this tune, so I am including two below.  If you simply can't get enough of this band, you can locate more on youtube:






good times come to me now, me now ... · good times come to me now · i ain't lying cos there ain't no time · no city it's a pity cos i dress divine · city smokes, people choke · big meanie he's a genie and we ain't got a hope · no chance, no chance · well i feel fine no it ain't no crime · i was dreaming of a demon and i ate a dime · the dime floats, the colonel boasts · "send 'em up the hill boys this ain't no joke" · no chance, no chance · no chance, no chance · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · you sure look fine my shoes they shine · i taste your face your love is mine · mercury dan with a spikey hand · i'm a hot retard, marquis de sade · no chance, no chance · no chance, no chance · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · saw a cop on the line, machine gun shine · i was dreaming not believing that i was alive · my mind broke, the cop he choked · "get out of here boy or i'll use the colt" · no chance, no chance · you sure look fine your shoes they shine · no heat can compete with this blue-eyed liar · the child spoke "we ain't got a hope · press the button, press the button ... it's all remote" · no chance, no chance · no chance, no chance · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na · shiny shiny bad times behind me · shiny shiny sha-na-na-na, sha-na-na-na ...

No comments:

Post a Comment