Monday, September 24, 2012

Week Twenty-One: Wild Card Week - Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Happy" - God Fodder


Week Twenty-One, aka Wild Card Week, will be full of random gems
-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-


Ned's Atomic Dustbin always reminds me of one of my really close friends from freshman year of high school who was named Colleen. Our other friend, Stephanie, and I would always call her “Little Colleeni” because she was so cute and petite. We all had honors English class together, and Colleen and I also had a theology class and a French class together.

Colleen lived in Oak Cliff, which was even worse than my Pleasant Grove neighborhood at the time, but she lived in a really cool old house closer to the Arts District. She was also dating a guy named Chip when I knew her. I went to stay over at her house one night, and Chip stopped by for awhile. He had somehow (probably by theft) acquired 2 copies of the album, God Fodder, and he was kind enough to offer me one of the copies. I wasn't too familiar with Ned's at that time, but I quickly grew to love them.

I ran in to Colleen at New Amsterdam Coffee Shop (now the Amsterdam Bar) in Fair Park right before I stopped drinking and started teaching. She ended up marrying a mutual friend of ours, but he turned up on the news a little over a year ago for attempting to skip out on a bar/lap dance tab at a local strip club that he was attending (with another woman). Yikes... busted!!!!

Ned's Atomic Dustbin has a ton of awesome songs, and just in case I don't get to revisit them, I am attaching two additional videos below the lyrics - I know I've said this before about other bands, but you owe it to yourself to check out all their tunes...



Feeling so frustrated even antiquated'Cause you can't update me if I'm overratedSo frustrated, so frustratedYou can't update this
You fly off the handle wait till I'm not thereIf you will fly off the handle wait till I'm not there'Cause I will talk, maybe you will listenBut you won't hear a single word I sayI will talk you will listen

We have a house where I'm in your hairI'll go spare and leave you happy in thereWe have a house where I'm in your hairI'll go spare and leave you happy in there

You fly off the handle wait till I'm not thereIf you will fly off the handle wait till I'm not there'Cause I will talk, maybe you will listenBut you won't hear a single word I sayI will talk you will listen





No comments:

Post a Comment