Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week Thirteen: Obscure 80s - Trans X - "Living On Video" - Living On Video

When I worked for Hilton Hotels' Corporate Office in Carrollton, I used to get free and/or discounted hotel rooms at corporate-owned Hiltons, Embassy Suites, Doubletrees, Homewood Suites, and Hampton Inns, as well as certain international hotels. This allowed for me to do quite a bit of travel for dirt cheap rates.

My mother and I decided that we needed a weekend away, and so we headed to Houston and stayed in a Hilton somewhere near downtown. While there, I convinced her that we should hit up the 80s night at Numbers, a local nightclub. Wowzer ka-powzer... the drinks there were poured insanely strong, and they played rare and obscure remixes of familiar songs, as well as tunes I had never even heard before.

One of these tunes was “Living On Video” by Trans-X. How I managed to miss out on this song for approximately 22 years of my life is still a mystery to me, but it was well worth the 22-year wait! Thanks to the wonders of the internet, it was not difficult to quickly locate my very own copy of “Living On Video” once I arrived back home.
 
 
I will now take this opportunity to say: “Shame on all you local DFW dj's who never played this song while I was in attendance at your club and for making me drive all the way to Houston to hear it!” Oh and.... “Thanks, Numbers!!”




Give me light
give me action
at the touch of a button.
Flying through hyper-space
in a computer interface.
Stop - living on video
stop - integrated circuits.
Stop - sur un faisceau de lumieres
stop - is this reality?

Traveling in a light beam
laser rays and purple skies.
In a computer fairyland
it is a dream you bring to life.
Stop - living on video
stop - integrated circuits. . . .
Living on video - sur un faisceau de lumieres

I see your glittering blue eyes
you look at me with a smile.
It's a computer fantasy
it is waiting for you and me.
Living - living on video
living - living on video

Living - living on video
living - living on video - stop. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment