Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week Thirteen: Obscure 80s - Vicious Pink - "Cccan't You See..." - Cccan't You See...Single

The Vicious Pink song, “8:15 to Nowhere”, was always a staple at many retro clubs, and it is such a catchy tune, despite the fact that it lacks lyrics (youtube clip included below). It was actually “8:15 to Nowhere” that first piqued my interest in Vicious Pink; however, as I have already mentioned, prior to the Internet, the primary methods for finding out information about bands required copious amounts of time and copious amounts of patience. It also helped if you had one or more subscriptions to monthly music magazines. However, when it came to obscure bands, like Vicious Pink, it was practically impossible to find out anything.


So in the mid-90s, when my family acquired a dial-up AOL connection, I used my “designated computer time” to scour the Internet for details about these obscure bands. Lo and behold! What did I find sitting there waiting for me behind the computer screen one evening but this little gem - “Cccan't You See...”?  However, with dial-up, I think it took me almost 45 minutes to listen to a 30 second clip of the song.  "We've come a long way, baby!"


Since it quickly came to my attention that many local nightclub DJ's had a copy of “8:15 to Nowhere” readily available to play but no copy of “Cccan't You See...”, I began to carry around a copy with me to certain clubs where I knew they would be willing to play it. That's exactly how I got one of the DJ's at The Church at the Lizard Lounge, as well as one of the DJ's at The Art Bar in the Club Clearview Complex, to play this tune so that I could dance to it, somewhere other than my living room or my bedroom...


**UPDATE** - 2/9/2013 - So frustrating!!! They keep removing and blocking youtube clips for this track; so I have to keep updating as I find new ones...




Last night, we both said things that we regret
Things that we didn't mean
Broke up, all that we ever had
You went, said you weren't coming back

Baby please, can't you see
Back in your arms is where I want to be
Baby please, answer me
Back in your arms is where I want to be

I know, things started going wrong
And yet, my loves goes on and on
I think, that we can make it work
Ignore, all of those things you've heard

Baby please, can't you see
Back in your arms is where I want to be
Baby please, answer me
Back in your arms is where I want to be



No comments:

Post a Comment