Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week Twenty-Three: IIV/SP - Skinny Puppy - "Testure" - VIVIsectVI


Week Twenty-Three goes to IIV (Images In Vogue) & SP (Skinny Puppy).  Images In Vogue was a Canadian New Wave band that found fame in the early 80s.  The connection to Skinny Puppy is that Kevin Compton, who was the drummer for Images In Vogue, left the band to focus on his side project, which happened to be Skinny Puppy.  You might be more familiar with him under his moniker of cEvin Key.

I was introduced to Images In Vogue after I had made the acquaintance of the singer in my former band.  He was a huge fan of Skinny Puppy, and he had discovered the Images In Vogue connection.  However, I was actually introduced to Skinny Puppy through a boyfriend that I had in high school many, many years before I ever learned of Images In Vogue.  I have really only known guys to be avid Skinny Puppy fans, but that's not to say that there are not females out there who are equally enamored by them.

Skinny Puppy is definitely an acquired taste, and I never really got into them more than the three songs that I will post during IIV/SP week.  In fact, I know so little about both bands (and I'm seriously overloaded with tests, assignments, and grading right now) that I am just going to re-post this same blurb of info for each song that I speak of this week, but I would like to get their music out there because it is really good!!!  I'll be back to my daily commentary next week - bear with me, s'il vous plait!!!



In nervous convulsion
Crouches
Infant ape
Trembling
In mother's shit
Caged eyes, tear-less
Filled with contempt
Clinic mask experiment with 

Life and death
Smell lingering noxious
Mixed scent anxiety
Omnipotent doctor 
Grinds the cage door
Revealing
Loves
Primal
Instinct
Taken away
The tiny face
Terrified
Rant and rave smash your head against the cage
Vacuum clicks on high
Conscious of the pain
Passed off as humane
White coat seems so clean most dirt bleached out of greed
Force the point of habit; eyes burn in a rabbit
Push the pain test button
Spines cut

Crush the spine
Genocide
Kitten drags its dead limb
Continuing all suffering
It will come back and win
Shock paralyse
Turn trauma burns out the will to live the
Lying
Message 5 year genocide
1945 suicide
Vivisect vi


No comments:

Post a Comment