Monday, October 8, 2012

Week Twenty-Three: IIV/SP - Images In Vogue - "Lust for Love" - Collection - Version 2.0: Chronology


Week Twenty-Three goes to IIV (Images In Vogue) & SP (Skinny Puppy).  Images In Vogue was a Canadian New Wave band that found fame in the early 80s.  The connection to Skinny Puppy is that Kevin Compton, who was the drummer for Images In Vogue, left the band to focus on his side project, which happened to be Skinny Puppy.  You might be more familiar with him under his moniker of cEvin Key.

I was introduced to Images In Vogue after I had made the acquaintance of the singer in my former band.  He was a huge fan of Skinny Puppy, and he had discovered the Images In Vogue connection.  However, I was actually introduced to Skinny Puppy through a boyfriend that I had in high school many, many years before I ever learned of Images In Vogue.  I have really only known guys to be avid Skinny Puppy fans, but that's not to say that there are not females out there who are equally enamored by them.

Skinny Puppy is definitely an acquired taste, and I never really got into them more than the three songs that I will post during IIV/SP week.  In fact, I know so little about both bands (and I'm seriously overloaded with tests, assignments, and grading right now) that I am just going to re-post this same blurb of info for each song that I speak of this week, but I would like to get their music out there because it is really good!!!  I'll be back to my daily commentary next week - bear with me, s'il vous plait!!!




It hits hard
No doubt
When the truth lies there
Like that
So unashamed
Unstained
I never lied
Or told the truth

Don't mistake my lust for love
Don't mistake my lust for love

How do you look at me now
You can tell me how
Should I leave
Or wait around
If there's a chance you'll change your mind
I'll wait around
I'll wait around

You mistook my lust for love, didn't you?
You mistook my lust for love, didn't you?
Didn't you?

I've been through this all before
It's nothing new
Run and hide
I'll disguise
But the fact remains the same

Don't mistake my lust for love
Don't mistake my lust for love
Oh, did you?
How could you?
Why would you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment