Friday, October 26, 2012

Week Twenty-Five: Pagan Rhythms/Cassingles - The Posies - "Dream All Day" - Single


Week Twenty-Five belongs to a super-cool vinyl/CD/cassette tape shop that was near the intersection of Lovers Lane & Greenville Avenue in Dallas, TX - called Pagan Rhythms - and their massive selection of used cassingles...

**The photos included in this week's posts are actual images of my cassingles**

:-)  <3  :-)  <3  :-)  (-:  <3  (-:  <3  (-:


This song was in heavy rotation on The EDGE back in 1993, which means that we are talking 94.5 days, not 102.1 days.  It's a very sweet little tune, but again, it was the only one that I actually cared for on their album, Frosting on the Beater.  So it was a perfect opportunity to resort to the beloved cassingle.  This was yet another one that I picked up at Pagan Rhythms a few years after its actual release.

I don't think I even mentioned this in any of my other posts this week, but the building that once housed Pagan Rhythms is now housing one of those stupid chain condom stores/sex shops that are everywhere in the metroplex.  I still drive by it when I am heading up and down Greenville Avenue, and it makes me so sad to see that Pagan Rhythms did not even last as long as the smut shop has lasted. People, where are your values?!?!?!?!?! :-(





I've got a lot of thoughts
I've got a lot of plans
I lost a lot of sleep
Trying to understand

I could dream all day...

In a blackened room
Staring into space
Underneath a thousand blankets
Just to find a place
Where everything is reachable
Imagining is safe
I tried to make it so
I didn't even know

I could dream all day...

I dreamt I was awake
My mouth was colored grey
As the world revolved around me
I could only say

I could dream all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment