Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week Twenty-Six: Spooky Tunes - A Split Second - "Rigor Mortis" - 1991 Remix

In honor of All Hallow's Eve, better known as Halloween, Week Twenty-Six
will be full of Spooky Tunes
<@><@><@><@><@><@><@><@><@>


Just as there are some songs that you will inevitably end up hearing if you attend a retro night, there are also some tunes you will inevitably end up hearing if you are at a goth club. “Rigor Mortis” just so happens to be one such culprit.

Don't get me wrong though; I totally dig the sinister nature of this song. Even though I have probably heard it (and danced to it) 100+ times at various goth nights/clubs around this fine state of Texas, I would still dance to it with the same level of passion and energy as the first time I was introduced to it at The Church at The Lizard Lounge, back when I started going in 1995.

I don't know what it is about this song, but it makes me wish I still had my long, black, shroud-like garments and my big, black, platform, lace-up boots! I am not even going to lie; when I hear this song, I miss getting dressed up in my best Morticia Addams-inspired looks and going to hang out with all of the “spooky kids” on Sundays and Thursdays. 

Speaking of Morticia Addams, just a few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to see The Addams Family Musical that was part of this season's Dallas Summer Musicals --- it was phenomenal!!!  Did anyone else catch the Google doodle of The Addams Family for Charles Addams birthday? - Um, yep, I snatched that one up and will share it with you now:



From what I have been told, by what I consider to be reliable sources, it is best to avoid The Church these days, unless you want to surround yourself with goth-in-a-box Hot Topic kiddies. So sad... those little twerps have no idea how much time, energy, and effort we used to have to put into our outfits/looks – especially since we could not just travel to our area mall and pick them off a hanger!


Cold and alone, in the vineyard he lies
Stained and all broken, the nightingale dies
Looking from your window, I can see the snow
Freezing cold, grinding to a halt
On stonecold gravel, freeze alone

Turning away from the wasted hours
Turning away from the wasted years

No comments:

Post a Comment