Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week Twenty-Five: Pagan Rhythms/Cassingles - The Breeders - "Cannonball" - Single


Week Twenty-Five belongs to a super-cool vinyl/CD/cassette tape shop that was near the intersection of Lovers Lane & Greenville Avenue in Dallas, TX - called Pagan Rhythms - and their massive selection of used cassingles...

**The photos included in this week's posts are actual images of my cassingles**

:-)  <3  :-)  <3  :-)  (-:  <3  (-:  <3  (-:


I love The Pixies; in fact, one of my little chihuahuas is named Pixie, in honor of the band, and it is somewhat safe to assume that there will be a Pixies week at some point in the future.  Therefore, when I began to read in my music magazines that Kim Deal, bassist for The Pixies, was venturing off onto her own to form The Breeders, I was super-stoked!

Unfortunately, when I heard this album, I was less than impressed.  In fact, the only song that I really got into was "Cannonball," so I never even purchased Last Splash. Therefore, when I came across this cassingle for "Cannonball" at Pagan Rhythms a few years after its release, I picked it up (and paid for it) and brought it home.  

I have included another one of their hits below the lyrics - "Safari".  It's lesser known, but it includes Tanya Donelly from the bands, Throwing Muses and Belly...






Check check check 
One two 

Spitting in a wishing well 
Blown to hell crash 
I'm the last splash 

I know you little libertine 
I know you're a real coocoo 

Want you coocoo cannonball 
Want you coocoo cannonball 
Hey now in the shade, in the shade 
Hey now in the shade, in the shade 

I know you little libertine 
I know you're a cannonball 

I'll be your whatever you want 
The bong in this reggae song 

Hey now in the shade
Hey now in the shade 
Want you coocoo cannonball 
Want you coocoo cannonball 

Spitting in a wishing well 
Blown to hell crash
I'm the last splash 

I'll be your whatever you want 
The bong in this reggae song 

Want you coocoo cannonball 
Want you coocoo cannonball 
Hey now in the shade, in the shade 
Hey now in the shade, in the shade 



No comments:

Post a Comment