Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week Twenty-Seven: Twenty Years of Moz - Morrissey - "Lost" - Maladjusted (2009 Remastered Edition)


Week Twenty-Seven marks the 20th anniversary of my very first Morrissey concert that took place on November 4, 1992, at Reunion Arena, on his Your Arsenal tour


[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]*[*]


This is such a lovely song about the sadness of the human condition of being lost, but when Morrissey sings it, it always seems to make you feel somehow less lost.

I found a video on youtube for this song, and the individual who compiled photos and video footage did a phenomenal job of capturing Morrissey, especially as he has aged over the years. (**I had to sadly replace my original video because it was taken down**)

When I saw Morrissey perform for the first time back in 1992, he was actually two years younger than I am now.  It absolutely blows my mind to think of all the lives he had already impacted and even saved at that point in his existence.  I know I've done lots of great things with my life so far, but when I think of all he has done, it makes me feel incredibly insignificant!!

I noticed that the individual who compiled the fan-made video that I am using for this tune actually took some of the footage from the documentary, The Importance of Being Morrissey.  If you have never seen that documentary, you absolutely owe it to yourself to watch it... RIGHT NOW!!!  It has interviews with Morrissey's best friends and some family members and even his neighbor from his youth, as well.  It is the most telling documentary that I have seen to date --- you get to see the inside of his house and his dog.  I have included the youtube clip for it under the lyrics.





Jet trails in the sky
Leave one word behind
A hand bangs into sand a name
And we all understand

Everybody's Lost
But they're pretending they're not
Lost
Oh, Lost

Jet trails in the sky
Leave one thought behind
A hand bangs into sand a name
And we all understand

Everybody's Lost
But they're pretending they're not
Lost
Oh, Lost

So if I see you
And I tell you
How I've watched you
I'm just lost

So if I see you
And I tell you
I've watched you
Don't make fun of me later
'Cause I'm just lost

If I see you
And I tell you
How I've watched you
Don't make fun of me later
'Cause I'm just lost

If I see you
And I tell you
How I've watched you
Don't make fun of me later
'Cause I'm just lost
Lost


Oops! I was just advised that the original one that I selected is now set to private; so I will have to offer you Part I, and you are on your own for the rest:



No comments:

Post a Comment