Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week Fourteen: Mixed-Tape Madness - The Pulsars - "Tunnel Song" - The Pulsars

Week Fourteen will be dedicated to the most awesomely awesome mixed-tape that I ever received from someone with a Y-chromosome (that would be a male, for all of you who slept through science class - shame on you!!!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, so after I pulled myself together from the romantic shock of the ultra sweet Rentals' song that commenced my listening session, I was met with this Pulsars' tune.  I had never heard this song, nor was I familiar with the band; so this was a super special treat for me.  Actually, I had not heard "Please Let That Be You" either, but I was at least familiar with The Rentals because their song, "Friends of P", was all over the airwaves.

I figured that this guy had to know that I was into synthesizer bands - which would not have been terribly difficult to deduce if anyone had paid the slightest bit of attention to the concert/band t-shirts that I wore on a daily basis.  So he was off to a stellar start with his first two choices.

Although, then my mind started reeling--- I couldn't help but thinking: "So what does this mean?  'And now we're going through that tunnel'?  Is this symbolic of something?  Is he trying to tell me something?  Why this song?"  Oh, it was torturous!!  I could only hope that my questions might be answered in the songs that followed...




Pittsburgh has a real cool tunnel
Pittsburgh has a tunnel through a mountain
Tunnels are what we like
Tunnels can be dark or bright

And now we're going through that tunnel
Talk radio is fizzing out

So you say you wanna build your own tunnel
Well don't forget a compass and a shovel
'Cause if you dig too deep
You might miss by ten feet



New york has a real cool tunnel
The Holland tunnel is just like a funnel
Tunnels are what we like
All the tunnels are out of sight

And now we're going through that tunnel
Talk radio is fizzing out

So you say so you say you wanna build a
So you say so you say you wanna build a

And now we're going through that tunnel
Talk radio is fizzing out

No comments:

Post a Comment