Monday, June 18, 2012

Week Seven: Various DFW Area Artists - T42 - "Don't Let My Love" - Intruder

T42 was an awesome duo of young synthpop gents who got their start in Dallas, TX.  I was introduced to them through 94.5 The EDGE.  I really don't think it was on The Adventure Club, this time around, because I remember them getting fairly regular airplay throughout the day.  I think it was Alex Luke who promoted them heavily.  Although, it could have also been George Gimarc.

When my band was starting up, we got a very small amount of financial assistance from a lady who worked closely with Information Society and Anything Box.  Information Society had a connection to T42 through Paul Robb, so this lady who was hooked up with all of them attempted to get us in touch with the guys from T42 so that we could get some help with our demo and get our band to take-off.

It never quite worked out for us because, from what we were told, the guys from T42 had pretty much put their musical careers behind them to pursue other avenues by the time we hit the scene around 1999.  Oh well, I put my musical career behind me not too long after that, so I completely understand where they were coming from... but I can't help but be anything except upbeat when I hear this snappy little tune!


Turn around
Don't run away
You're making me sad
I need you to stay here today
Don't let my love push you away
Stop to think
Think about me
Holding it in
Your affections aren't free for me
Please don't keep running away from me
I'm holding on
But you don't care
I'm trying so hard
But you just stare at me
How can you just walk out on me
On my knees
I beg and plead
Holding you is all I need to do
I know I wanna hang on to you
You know I'll take the chance
And I'll come after you
I'm calling on the time we spent
It's all that I can do
Don't let my love (don't let my love)
Don't let my love (don't let my love)
Don't let my love push you away

No comments:

Post a Comment