Monday, June 25, 2012

Week Eight: 1960s Girl Groups - The Emeralds - "Wanna Make Him Mine" - One Kiss Can Lead to Another: Girl Group Sounds, Lost and Found - Disc 3

So my last boyfriend definitely did not have pockets lined with cash (or even credit), by any means, but he was a super-whiz on the computer.  So any time a holiday that required gift giving rolled around, instead of making a huge issue out of it, I would ask him to make me some mixed CDs. 

Most of the time, I ended up with generic remixes and remasters of albums I already owned, but on occassion, he would shock and surprise me with his selections.

Since he knew that I was a huge fan of Girl Groups, he scoured the Intertubes, as he liked to call them, and found this compilation called One Kiss Can Lead to Another: Girl Group Sounds, Lost and Found.  There are a total of four discs.

Now, before you get all giddy with excitement and go hunting for it, I will tell you that most of the discs are full of major flops.  However, there are also some real treasures on a few of them - like this tune by The Emeralds.

It was impossible to locate anything about The Emeralds on youtube, or online even, but I did find this cover of the song by some band called, It's My Party, so that you can at least hear how snappy this little tune actually is.  However, the girls in the video below are NOT The Emeralds.  It's a super-cute video though:



****UPDATE**** As of August 2012, someone did add the original version of "Wanna Make Him Mine" by The Emeralds to youtube.  Therefore, I am adding that clip to this post:



It's unbelievable when he kisses me
Just how wonderful that boy can be
And when he walks me home
He's so sweet and kind
I don't wanna go in
I wanna stay with him

I wanna make him mine x 4

When he talks to me
I get such a chill
And when he holds me tight
I feel such a thrill
I just know our love
Would be so fine
If he'd stay with me
And he would surely see

I wanna make him mine x 4

He's so appealing
Mr. Personality
I get the feeling
I wanna make him steady company
I have a love so strong
That I'm gonna cry all my dreams away
If he said goodbye
I don't want any girl to share his time
To me, he's everything
I wanna wear his ring

I wanna make him mine x 4

Oh so fine
I wanna make him mine

He's so fine
I wanna make him mine

No comments:

Post a Comment