Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week Eight: 1960s Girl Groups: The Shirelles - "I Met Him on a Sunday" - The Best of the Girl Groups, Vol. 2

Again, The Shirelles are definitely far better known for another hit, namely, "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?"  Most people aren't even aware that it was written by Carole King.  However, if you have ever heard Carole King sing it, you would understand why The Shirelles were able to make a hit out of it, where she would not have been able to.  It just does not have the same magic when Carole sings it.

I guess I am just burnt out on "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?"  I do love the Amy Winehouse version however.  Regardless, I was laughing to myself a bit when I looked up the lyrics to "I Met Him on a Sunday" because I imagined it being written in the present day and age.

I guess it would go something like this: "Well I met him on a Sunday, and I texted him on Monday.  Well I Facebooked him on Tuesday, and I Tweeted him on Wednesday.  Well I blogged about him on Thursday. And he didn't update his status on Friday.  When he showed up Saturday, I said, "You're so unfriended!!"  Ridiculous, I know!!!  However, it seems to be a ridiculous world that we are currently living in!!!!




Well I met him on a Sunday
And I missed him on Monday
Well I found him on a Tuesday
And I dated him on a Wednesday
Well I kissed him on a Thursday
And he didn't come Friday
When he showed up Saturday
I said "bye bye baby"

Well I kissed him on a Thursday
And he didn't come Friday
When he showed up Saturday
I said "bye bye baby"


No comments:

Post a Comment