Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week Sixty-Six: Lollapalooza '93 - Front 242 - "Welcome to Paradise" - Front by Front

This month marks twenty years since my very first Lollapalooza tour which took place on August 1, 1993, at the Starplex Amphitheater in Dallas, TX

*LOLLAPALOOZA*LOLLAPALOOZA*LOLLAPALOOZA*

I have already mentioned Front 242 a few times on this blog and made a post about them during Spooky Tunes week, but I saved a few of their songs because I knew I would be speaking of them again when I got around to doing Lollapalooza '93 week.

Front 242 gets me so pumped (and also gets me very odd stares when I drive around town with my windows down and their tunes blasting)!!! I could not believe that Front 242 was part of the '93 line-up, but then again, it was such an odd mish-mash of genres that year to even begin with (however, since Perry Farrell was behind the festival, it should honestly be no surprise that he would support such a bizarre mix of bands)!

In addition to "Welcome to Paradise", which people often refer to as the "Hey, poor!" or "No sex until marriage!" song, I am also including "Tragedy For You" and "Masterhit"...


Hey poor, you don't have to be poor anymore
Jesus is here!
In the name of Jesus (Alleluia!)
Feel like your life is going nowhere
Ten seconds... Standby
Jesus is the Son of God
Come in Jesus (Alleluia!)
Oh God I'm a sinner!
I deserve to go to hell (Alleluia!)

NO SEX UNTIL MARRIAGE!

Oh God I'm a sinner, I deserve to go to hell
The bible said you keep him out in the lie
In the name of Jesus
Jesus is the Son of God
In the name of Jesus (Alleluia!)
Hey poor, you don't have to be poor anymore
Jesus is here! (Don't tell the devil)
Hey poor, you don't have to be Jesus!







No comments:

Post a Comment