Friday, August 30, 2013

***Bonus Post*** --- Morrissey 25 Live ---- "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side"

So... where were you last night between the hours of 7:30 pm and 9:00 pm?!?!? I'll tell you where you should have been... you should have been at The Studio Movie Grill on Royal Lane with Donnie Wayne and with me, watching the love of our lives... Morrissey!




That's right, my dearest blogland readers, I'm talking about the film, Morrissey 25 Live. If you are uncertain to what it is I am referring, then I will offer you a write-up and a link to the website:


"Filmed live during Morrissey’s most intimate gig in decades at the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles on 2 March 2013, this is the first authorised Morrissey film for nine years and marks 25 years of the solo career of one of the world’s most iconic and enigmatic performers.

The film opens with fans talking about their unwavering devotion to the singer and the unique appeal of this unusual venue – a striking contrast to the sold out arena concert at the Staples Center on the previous night. Tickets to the concert in the 1,800-seater school auditorium were sold out in 12 seconds and this now legendary concert became Morrissey’s penultimate performance on the US Tour.  Featuring many classic tracks from the artist’s prolific repertoire including Meat Is Murder, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Please, Please Please Let Me Get What I Want and The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, Morrissey 25: Live is an unmissable cinema event for fans worldwide."


Oh, dearest and sweetest Morrissey, you will forever be: "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side"...


The boy with the thorn in his side 
Behind the hatred there lies 
A murderous desire for love 
How can they look into my eyes 
And still they don't believe me? 
How can they hear me say those words 
Still they don't believe me? 
And if they don't believe me now 
Will they ever believe me? 
And if they don't believe me now 
Will they ever, they ever, believe me? 
Oh ... 

The boy with the thorn in his side 
Behind the hatred there lies 
A plundering desire for love 
How can they see the Love in our eyes 
And still they don't believe us? 
And after all this time 
They don't want to believe us 
And if they don't believe us now 
Will they ever believe us? 
And when you want to Live 
How do you start? 
Where do you go? 
Who do you need to know? 

Oh ... 
Oh no ...
Oh ... 
Laa ... 



And this is what happens when you let friends who have had a little too much to drink take your picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment