Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week Sixty-Eight: The Dandy Warhols - "You Were the Last High" - Welcome to the Monkey House

This week, I am going to cover songs by the bands, Curve and The Dandy Warhols, both of whom I saw play live at The Galaxy Club back in July of 1998


(@)(@)(@)(@)(@)(@)(@)(@)(@)(@)

So, as I have previously mentioned, from about November of 1999 to about November of 2000, I played in a local Electronic/Synthpop band. The coolest thing about being in a band, for me at least, was that I got to be on the same stages as so many other great bands who came before me. In fact, I got to play both Trees and the Galaxy Club, the exact two places where I saw The Dandy Warhols.

Unfortunately, since The Dandy Warhols were so squished on the Galaxy Club stage, their energy level was nowhere near what it was when I first saw them play at Trees.

As I have also previously mentioned, at one point, one of our biggest fans created a website for us that had our music and some pictures available. He set it up in 2000, and I'm guessing that his rights to the domain name expired in 2010 because the website was no longer in existence as of that year.

A close friend of mine thought he had downloaded all of the photos prior to the website shutting down, but all he ended up copying was the thumbnail images. Regardless, I'll share them with you.

The two below where my hair is bleached blonde (what the hell was I thinking?!?!?) are from the Galaxy Club show where we opened for The Last Dance from California:



And the two below where my hair is purple are from Trees... but I cannot, for the life of me, remember who we played with at that show:






I am alone but adored
By a hundred thousand more
Then I said when you were the last
And I have known love
Like a whore
From at least ten thousand more
Then I swore when you were the last

When you were the last high
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh-igh

You were awake
And I should've stayed
But wandered
I was only out for a day
Out for a day
It was Chicago for a moment and then
It was Paris and London for a few days
But I am alone but adored
By a hundred thousand more
Then I swore when you were the last

When you were the last high
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh

When you were the last high
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh

I was the first to have spoken
And I said just about
All of the things you shouldn't say
So maybe you loved me but now
Maybe you don't
And maybe you'll call me
Maybe you won't (oh)

So I am alone but adored 
By a hundred thousand more
Then I said when you were the last
And I have known love 
Like a whore
From at least ten thousand more
Then I swore when you were the last -

When you were the last high
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh

And you were the last high
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh-igh
Igh-igh

No comments:

Post a Comment