Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week Sixty-Five: Pandora Picks - Chairlift - "Bruises" - Does You Inspire You

The songs that I have selected for this week were Pandora suggestions based on my She & Him station...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This is another band that I know next to nothing about, so Wikipedia will have to fill you in on all the details:

"Chairlift formed initially as a project between Aaron Pfenning and Caroline Polachek at the University of Colorado in October 2005. The group intended to make background music for haunted houses. Along with bassist Kyle McCabe, Chairlift recorded the beginning of Daylight Savings EP at New Monkey Studio in Los Angeles, California in April 2006. Chairlift relocated to Williamsburg, Brooklyn in August 2006 and signed to Kanine Records in June 2007. Patrick Wimberly joined the group in early 2007. They released their first full-length album, Does You Inspire You, in 2008. The single 'Evident Utensil' was nominated for an award in the 'Breakthrough Video' category at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards."

"Their song 'Bruises' was featured in the 2008 commercial that launched the fourth-generation iPod Nano."

Speaking of bruises, I imagine Adam Ant might be nursing a few tender bruises after he took that nasty fall at the beginning of "Goody Two Shoes" on Sunday night at The Granada... Don't worry, Adam... You still put on a phenomenal show, and I adore you and your fancy dancing... and I would ice your bruisy knees!!! ;-)


I tried to do handstands for you
I tried to do headstands for you
Everytime I fell on you yeah everytime I fell
I tried to do handstands for you
But everytime I fell for you
I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for you

I tried to do handstands for you
I tried to do headstands for you
Everytime I fell on you yeah everytime I fell
I tried to do handstands but everytime I fell for you
I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for

You-ooo etc...
For you-ooo etc...
So black and blue-oooo etc...
For you-ooo etc...

I grabbed some frozen strawberries so I could ice your bruisy knees
But frozen things they all unfreeze and now I taste like
All those frozen strawberries I used to chill your bruisy knees,
Hot July ain't good to me
I'm pink and black and blue

I got bruises on my knees for you
And grass stains on my knees for you
Got holes in my new jeans for you
Got pink and black and blue

Got bruises on my knees for you
And grass stains on my knees for you
Got holes in my new jeans for you
Got pink and black and blue for

You-ooo etc...
For you-ooo etc....
So black and blue-ooo etc...
For you-oooo etc....


Do-doo-do-do-do

No comments:

Post a Comment