Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week Sixty-Five: Pandora Picks - Rooney - "When Did Your Heart Go Missing?" - Calling the World

The songs that I have selected for this week were Pandora suggestions based on my She & Him station...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I actually heard this song on either VH-1 or MTV before I finally nixed my television watching for good, but I had completely forgotten about it until it reappeared on my Pandora station. I do recall seeing a very brief interview with the lead singer where he complained about the difficulty of gaining credibility as a band simply because he is part of the Coppola (as in Francis Ford and Sofia) family throne. Speaking of the Coppolas, if you read my post from yesterday, I mentioned The Outsiders, which Francis Ford Coppola directed and in which Sofia had a very tiny role.

I know very little about Rooney, but after consulting Wikipedia, I discovered some interesting facts about the band and the band name:

"Rooney is an American rock band from Los Angeles. It is self-produced and used to be signed to Geffen Records. The band is now composed of Robert Schwartzman (lead vocals, guitar), Louie Stephens (keyboards, piano), Taylor Locke (lead guitar, backing vocals), Ned Brower (drums, backing vocals), and Brandon Schwartzel (bass guitar). The band is named after Ed Rooney, the principal in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Their music is reminiscent of British Invasion rock and 1980s pop, and has been compared to The Beatles, The Cars, Jellyfish, Sloan and Blur. They have toured the nation with acts such as the Weezer, The Strokes, Jane's Addiction, Travis, Keane, Audioslave, OK Go, and Queens of the Stone Age."


Love don't come so easily
This doesn't have to end in tragedy
I have you and you have me
We're one and a million why can't you see

I'm waitin', waitin' for nothing
You're leavin', leavin' me hanging
When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?
I treat you alike a princess
But your life is justa one big mess
When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?

Yeah

I meant every word I said
I never was lying when we talked in bed
I'm retracing every step in my head
What did i miss back that now is so, so misled? Oh

I'm waitin', waitin' for nothing
You're leavin', leavin' me hanging
When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?
I treat you alike a princess
But your life is justa one big mess
When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?

I don't understand 
How could you forget
what we had?
Is so wrong

I'm waitin', waitin' for nothing
You're leavin', leavin' me hanging
When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?
I treat you alike a princess
But your life is justa one big mess
When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?
Yeah

Things were so good we had a little dream,
a little dream together, buy a house settle down, do our thing,
but you disappeared on me and your heart, your heart went missing and i don't how to find it, 
i don't know where it is, I don't know where your heart went, 
it was really just the other day now its gone, 
I'm gonna call the police, call the in- investigator the heart investigator

When did your heart go missing? (background)
When did your heart go missing?

When did your heart go missing?
When did your heart go missing?

When did your heart go missing?

When did your heart go missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment