Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week Sixty-Two: Jack FM - 80's Flashback Weekend - Haircut 100 - "Love Plus One" - Living in Oblivion: The 80's Greatest Hits - Volume 2

One of my favorite things about holiday weekends is that one of the local radio stations will usually delight me with an 80's weekend. This year, 100.3 - Jack FM - came through for me! So I will select four songs that I heard over this holiday weekend and tell you about them...
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*


Today, I've got treats, treats, and even more treats!!! So as I've mentioned over and over, the easiest way for me to discover 80's bands was by purchasing compilation cassettes that could be found in the very, very back of most of the the major music chains. The Living in Oblivion series was one of my favorites, and it was where I first heard Haircut 100.

I am going to share a scan of my actual cassette, but Bruce Harris, who did the band write-ups, lumped Haircut 100 and Heaven 17 together for this particular write-up. Therefore, I am also going to give you a YouTube clip for "Let Me Go" by Heaven 17... but wait... there's more. T42, who was one of my Week Seven: Various DFW Artists, covered "Let Me Go"; so I will also include a clip for that. In addition, I really like Haircut 100's tune, "Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)"; so you're getting that one today too!!!

But wait... there's still more. The cassette insert offers pictures of the bands, and there were also pictures of Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Missing Persons, and Culture Club, all bands that I've already posted about (or at least talked about), and will include... and that's all, folks!!!




I, I went off to the right
Without saying goodbye, goodbye
Where does it go from here?
Is it down to the lake I fear?
Ay ah ah ah ah ah
Ay ah ah ah ah ah
Then I call
Ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring)
La la love plus one
Ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring)
When I call love
Give love some soul
If I may be quite so bold
Where does it go from here?
Is it down to the lake I fear?
Ay ah ah ah ah ah
Ay ah ah ah ah ah
Then I call
Ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring)
La la love plus one
Ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring) ring (ring)
When I call love
Love plus one






No comments:

Post a Comment