Monday, July 8, 2013

Week Sixty-Two: Jack FM - 80's Flashback Weekend - Dramarama - "Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)" - 10 From 5

One of my favorite things about holiday weekends is that one of the local radio stations will usually delight me with an 80's weekend. This year, 100.3 - Jack FM - came through for me! So I will select four songs that I heard over this holiday weekend and tell you about them...
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

I would like to start off by saying kudos to 100.3 - Jack FM - for playing "Nowhere Girl" by B-Movie on Saturday afternoon while I was on my way to Lake Whitney. I very rarely ever hear that song over the airwaves anymore, but I already talked about that one during Week Thirteen: Obscure 80s; therefore, I'm going to tell you about Dramarama today.

I feel slightly bad about mentioning another radio station in this post, but it was at EDGEfest #1 in 1992 at Starplex that I saw Dramarama. I cannot locate my ticket stub for that show; so instead, I will share with you the USA Promo 2 CD album set of Hi-Fi Sci-Fi and 10 From 5 that I picked up at CD World off Beltline in Dallas, many, many years ago...



I will also share with you a signed promo poster for EDGEfest #1 that I snagged off that station's webpage...


That was such an amazing show, and Dramarama has quite a few songs that I really dig; so in addition to the video for "Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)", I'll also include clips for "Haven't Got A Clue", "What Are We Gonna Do?", and "Last Cigarette"...


OK what is it tonight?
please just tell me what the hell is wrong,
Do you want to eat, do you want to sleep, do you want to drown?
Just settle down, settle down, settle down...
I'll give you candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
Give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills,
I'll even let you watch the shows you want to see,
Just marry me, marry me, marry me...

I'm so sick of you tonight,
You never stay awake when I get home,
Is something wrong with me, something wrong with you?
I really wish I knew, wish I knew, wish I knew...
I give you candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
I give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills,
I even let you watch the shows you want to see,
Because you married me, married me, married me...
Married me, married me, married me...

I was young I learned a game,
that love and happiness were the same,
And now I'm older and I don't play,
I found out the hardest way,
I got wasted, she got mad, called me names and she called her dad,
He got crazy and I did too, wondering what I did to you.
I gave you candy, gave you diamonds, gave you pills,
I gave you anything you want, hundred dollar bills,
I even let you hear the songs I want to sing,
I'll give you anything, anything, anything...
I'll give you anything, anything, anything...
I'll give you anything, anything, anything...
Anything...
Anything...
Anything... 








No comments:

Post a Comment