Thursday, December 13, 2012

Week Thirty-Two: Pocket Rockers - Taylor Dayne - "Tell It to My Heart" - Tell It to My Heart

Talking about my iPod got me to thinking about all the super-cool music contraptions my parents purchased me when I was younger. My absolute favorite had to be my Pocket Rocker that I got at Toys 'R Us one Christmas... so I am going to take you way back to my Pocket Rocker days.

***Please Note*** - all band information has been pulled straight from Wikipedia because I am coming up on final exams and mock trials for my classes... therefore, my creativity is dwindling --- however, if I do recall something, I will be more than happy to share


%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&

Ha! When I was watching the video, I couldn't help but notice her lovely crimped bangs... I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I rocked the crimped hair. In fact, I can distinctly remember the sizzle of the crimping iron and the awful singed hair smell that would permeate the room for hours afterward!! I will also include another one of Taylor Dayne's hits below the lyrics, "Love Will Lead you Back".


"Taylor Dayne is the stage name of Leslie Wunderman (born March 7, 1962), an American pop singer-songwriter and actress. In late 1987, she scored her first major hit when her debut single "Tell It to My Heart" reached #7 on the Hot 100. She then went on to have a string of hits in the late 1980s and early 1990s, including the #1 Billboard hit "Love Will Lead You Back". Overall, she has had eighteen individual hit songs reach the top ten in Billboard magazine. These include most recently, the 2011 American and international hit "Floor on Fire" and the 2008 song "Beautiful", which reached the top spot in Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play Chart. She has also topped the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart three times."



I feel the night explode when we're together. 
Emotion overload in the heat of pleasure. 
Take me I'm yours into your arms. 
Never let me go. 
Tonight I really need to know. 
Tell it to my heart 
Tell me I'm the only one. 
Is this really love or just a game? 
Tell it to my heart. 
I can feel my body rock every time you call my name. 
The passion's so complete. It's never ending. 
As long as I receive, the message you're sending. 
Body to body, soul to soul 
Always feel you near. 
So say the words I long to hear. 
Tell it to my heart. 
Tell me I'm the only one. 
Is this really love or just a game? 
Tell it to my heart. 
I can feel my body rock every time you call my name. 
Love, love on the run, breaking us down, 
Though we keep holding on. 
I don't want to lose, no I can't let you go. 
Tell it to my heart. 
Tell me I'm the only one. 
Is this really love or just a game? 
Tell it to my heart. 
I can feel my body rock every time you call my name. 
Tell it to my heart. Tell me from the start. Tell it to my heart. 
Tell it to my heart. Tell me from the start. Tell it to my heart. 
Never make it stop. Oh, take it to the heart. 
Tell it to my heart... 
(til fade)




No comments:

Post a Comment