Monday, December 24, 2012

Week Thirty-Four: Leftovers - Helium - "Medusa" - The Dirt of Luck

That's right, my dearest blogland companions, you're getting a week's worth of leftovers... If you ever got around to reading the Introduction to this blog, you might remember that I mentioned that I had a precursory blog to The Soundtrack of a Heartbreak Beat that I was indirectly forced to shut down by my employer. However, I still have lots of fun posts on that one that are kind of hanging in limbo, so I'm transferring a few of them over for your viewing pleasure. Don't worry, though, I'll be back with more fun & fresh posts in 2013!!!
~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#


The person who will forever be etched into my memory when I hear this song is my second dorm-mate, Jenny. My first dorm-mate had just been released from rehab for cocaine addiction a few weeks before the semester began, and she didn't quite make it through the first month even.

Instead of trying my luck with a random, new dorm-mate, I invited Jenny to come room with me, since she despised the girl with whom she had gotten stuck. Jenny had some very interesting (and annoying) habits and very eclectic taste in music.

Additionally, that ridiculous dance, “The Macarena,” would not go away, and Jenny loved to do an extremely slowed-down version of it to this song. Any time I would get stressed out or sad, Jenny would pop in this song and force me to do that dance with her. We would eventually be laughing hysterically as we would try to “out-sexy” one another with our Macarena moves.

Apparently, Jenny woke up one day (many years after she and I roomed together) and decided that she wanted to be a doctor, and that is exactly what she is today. Shortly after entering medical school, she imparted one of my favorite medical-terminology-inspired insults that I still use to this very day. She told me that instead of saying that this guy I knew had his head up his arse, I should instead refer to it as a rectal-cranial inversion!! :-D




Black angel, you’re my centerfold
Though you’re two years old, your love is so bold
My heart is so cold
My heart is so cold


Come and get me, we’ll fly
On your wings through the thunderstorm sky
Kiss me, oh my
Little kiss of death and things that die


The wings of a dragonfly
The kiss of a butterfly
Sing alleluia on high
Sing alleluia on high


Come and get me we’ll fly
On your wings through the thunderstorm sky
Kiss me, oh my
Little kiss of death and things that die


The hiss of a rattlesnake
The body of a black lake
Sing a lullaby to wake me
A lullaby to wake me


Come and get me we’ll fly
On your wings through the thunderstorm sky
Kiss me, oh my
Little kiss of death and things that die

No comments:

Post a Comment