Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Week Thirty-One: Holiday Tunes - She & Him - "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" - A Very She & Him Christmas

She & Him was actually the very first band that I posted about on The Soundtrack of a Heartbreak Beat --- way, way back in May. Something about Zooey's voice just absolutely makes me melt. She's also breathtakingly gorgeous! I am, in no way, shape, or form, a lesbian, by any means, but I'm also definitely not afraid to admit when I find another female to be attractive. 

Although, after all of the jack@sses I have dated and with whom I have been in bad, bad relationships, I'm kind of surprised I'm not a lesbian by now. Alas, I am holding out hope that I will eventually have a compatibility factor with at least one decent individual of the male persuasion somewhere here on this lovely Planet Earth... we shall see. But ladies, if I ever start playing for your team in the future, I'll let you know --- okay, mom, I am totally joking here, so there is no need to email me in a panic about the validity of that last statement - but I know, I know, you would love me no matter what!!! :-D

I was completely stoked when I heard that She & Him was releasing this holiday album in 2011. I was also a bit shocked when I saw that they were offering free iTunes downloads through those little cards that you pick up at Starbucks.

It seems like most of the reviews for the album were insanely mixed, but I really enjoyed it overall. I am including my other favorite, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", under the lyrics...



Rockin' around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Every couple tries to stop


Rockin' around the Christmas tree
Let the Christmas spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
And we'll do some caroling


You will have a sentimental feeling
When you hear
Voices singing, "Let's be jolly
Deck the halls with boughs of holly"


Rockin' around the Christmas tree
Have a happy holiday
Everyone's dancing merrily
In the new old-fashioned way


You will get a sentimental feeling
When you hear
Voices singing, "Let's be jolly
Deck the halls with boughs of holly"


Rockin' around the Christmas tree
Have a happy holiday
Everyone's dancing merrily
In the new old-fashioned way



No comments:

Post a Comment