Friday, December 14, 2012

Week Thirty-Two: Pocket Rockers - Belinda Carlisle - "I Get Weak" - Heaven on Earth

Talking about my iPod got me to thinking about all the super-cool music contraptions my parents purchased me when I was younger. My absolute favorite had to be my Pocket Rocker that I got at Toys 'R Us one Christmas... so I am going to take you way back to my Pocket Rocker days.

***Please Note*** - all band information has been pulled straight from Wikipedia because I am coming up on final exams and mock trials for my classes... therefore, my creativity is dwindling --- however, if I do recall something, I will be more than happy to share


%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&

I am going to refrain from speaking too much about the Go-Go's in this post because I am hoping to have an upcoming Go-Go's week; however, here is what Wikipedia has to say about Belinda Carlisle's solo career:

"Belinda Jo Carlisle (born August 17, 1958) is an American singer who gained worldwide fame as the lead vocalist of the Go-Go's, one of the most successful all-female bands of all time and the first such group whose members wrote their own songs and played their own instruments. Topping the Billboard charts with the Go-Go's, she sold more than seven million albums in just three years and later went on to a successful solo career with hits "Mad About You", "Summer Rain", "I Get Weak", "Circle in the Sand", "Leave a Light On" and "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" among others, which were major successes in the United States and United Kingdom as well as internationally. Her autobiography, Lips Unsealed, published in June 2010, reached No. 27 on the The New York Times Best Seller list and received favorable reviews. On August 11, 2011, she received, as a member of the Go-Go's, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame."

Belinda was always my favorite Go-Go, and I'm truly happy that she had such a successful solo career. I am also including my other favorite by her, "Mad About You", below the lyrics...






When I'm with you
I shake inside
My heart's all tangled up
My tongue is tied, it's crazy
Can't walk, can't talk, can't eat, can't sleep
Oh, I'm in love, oh, I'm in deep 'cuz baby
With a kiss you can strip me defenseless
With a touch I completely lose control
All that's left of my strength is a memory

I get weak when I look at you
Weak when we touch
I can't speak when I look in your eyes
I get weak when you're next to me
Weak from this love
I'm in deep when I look in your eyes
I get weak, I get weak

Convincing eyes, persuasive lips
The helpless heart just can't resist their power
You know you've got a hold over me
You know you've got me where I want to be 'cuz lover
Like a wave you keep pulling me under
How I'll ever get out of this I don't know
I just know there's just no way to fight it

I get weak when I look at you
Weak when we touch
I can't speak when I look in your eyes
I get weak when you're next to me
Weak from this love
I'm in deep when I look in your eyes
I get weak, I get weak




No comments:

Post a Comment