Monday, January 20, 2014

Week Ninety: Bow Wow Wow - "I Want Candy" - The Best of Bow Wow Wow

Hot on the heels of last week's candy-themed week, I present to you today Bow Wow Wow's hit, "I Want Candy". I'm sure many of you were thinking: "How could she have a candy week, and not include 'I Want Candy'?" However, if you have been keeping up with this blog, you should know by now that I try not to be that obvious about my selections, and it was a fantastic opportunity to segue into Bow Wow Wow week.

I am going to include for you today some information about this particular song from George Gimarc's Post Punk Diary 1980-1982:



I seriously had no idea that this was a cover, which is why I scanned that little write-up, but I will include the original for you below.

Additionally, not only did this song make it into Sofia Coppola's film, Marie Antionette, but so did one of my other favorite Bow Wow Wow tunes, called "Aphrodisiac", so I will include that one for you today, as well.


I know a guy who's tough but sweet
He's so fine, he can't be beat
He's got everything that I desire
Sets the summer sun on fire

I want candy, I want candy

Go to see him when the sun goes down
Ain't no finer boy in town
You're my guy, just what the doctor ordered
So sweet, you make my mouth water

I want candy, I want candy

Candy on the beach, there's nothing better
But I like candy when it's wrapped in a sweater
Some day soon I'll make you mine,
Then I'll have candy all the time

I want candy, I want candy
I want candy, I want candy...




No comments:

Post a Comment