Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week Eighty-Nine: Candy Songs - The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Some Candy Talking" - 21 Singles



Week Eighty-Nine will be dedicated to songs that feature that wonderful God-given treat known as candy!!!

@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@

I am fully aware that I just covered The Jesus and Mary Chain not too long ago, but I will never be able to get enough of those lovable Reid brothers...ever!!!

I did find some interesting info about this song on Wikipedia that I will share with you:
"The title track is commonly misunderstood as being about heroin use. In a 2005 interview with Jim Reid (lead singer) featured in Filter Magazine, Reid noted that: 'Some Candy Talking' had nothing to do with drugs, actually. It was just something a radio DJ picked up on, and it was banned in all the major radio stations in the UK. Though that images of poppy flowers are featured in the video for the single, seeming to imply that the song is indeed about heroin. The song was originally banned for this reason by BBC Radio 1 DJ Mike Smith, although it was later voted at no. 9 in that year's John Peel Festive fifty. The song was included in the soundtrack to the 1986 film Modern Girls."

You may remember me mentioning the film, Modern Girls, when I posted about Depeche Mode's song, "But Not Tonight"...



I'm going down to the place tonight
To see if I can get a taste tonight
A taste of something warm and sweet
That shivers your bones and rises to your heat

I'm going down to the place tonight
The damp and hungry place tonight
Should all the stars shine in the sky
They couldn't outshine your sparkling eyes
But it's so hard to be the one
To touch and tease and to do it all for fun
But it's too much for a young heart to take
Cause hearts are the easiest things you could break

And I talk to the filth and I walk to the door
I'm knee deep in myself
But I want to get more of that stuff
Of that stuff

Some candy talking
Talk

And I want
And I want
Some candy talking

Some candy talk
I love the way she's walking
I love the way she's talking
It's just the way she's walking
It's just the way she's talking

And I need
All that stuff
Give me some
Of that stuff
I want your candy. I want your candy.
And I need
Give me some
Of your stuff
Give me some
I want your candy. I want your candy.
I want your candy. I want your candy.
I want stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment