Thursday, January 16, 2014

Week Eighty-Nine: Candy Songs - The Four Seasons - "Candy Girl" - The Very Best of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

Week Eighty-Nine will be dedicated to songs that feature that wonderful God-given treat known as candy!!!

@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@


Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons were way before my time, so I have no choice but to resort to Wikipedia for help with today's song:

"'Candy Girl' is the title of a hit single recorded in 1963 by the Four Seasons. Written by Larry Santos and produced by Bob Crewe, it is the first original Four Seasons single not composed by either Bob Gaudio or Bob Crewe. The writer, Larry Santos, would become a chart artist in his own right with 1976's 'We Can't Hide It Anymore'. 'Candy Girl' reached No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and No. 13 on the R&B chart."

"The song tackles the subject of a girlfriend whose 'love is so sweet'. The Four Seasons song is a doo-wop styled ballad to a loving girlfriend ('I've been a searching all this big wide world/Finally I found my/Candy Girl')."

I am awarding New Edition's hit, also called "Candy Girl", an Honorable Mention and will include that video for you, as well!


I've been a-searchin' all this wide world
Now finally I've found my
Candy girl Candy girl
I-yi-yi-yi found me a girl (Candy girl)
She-ee-ee-ee sets my heart a-whirl (Candy girl)
With huggin' and kissin' and lov-in'
(She's mine) mi-ine (mine) mi-ine
Whoa-oa-oa-oh-oh (Candy girl)
We get along so well (Candy girl)
I know just why I fell (Candy girl)
She's thrillin' (thrillin') oh, chillin' (chillin'),
yes she's so divine
(She's mine) mi-ine (mine) mi-ine
Whoa-oa-oa-oh-oh (Candy girl)
When we're out together
Everyone knows the way we feel
We both seem to glow with the glow of a love
And it's plain to see
Our love is real
I-yi-yi-yi'm happy as can be (Candy girl)
She-ee-ee-ee vows eternally (Candy girl)
To hold me (hold me) and love me (love me)
until the end of time
(She's mine) mi-ine (mine) mi-ine
Whoa-oa-oa-oh-oh
Candy girl



No comments:

Post a Comment