Monday, January 13, 2014

Week Eighty-Nine: Candy Songs - Soviet - "Candy Girl" - We Are Eyes, We Are Builders


Week Eighty-Nine will be dedicated to songs that feature that wonderful God-given treat known as candy!!!

@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@@>---<@

I have already mentioned Soviet a time or two on my lovely little blog. You may recall that I discovered this band as a result of attending a Synthpop night that used to be hosted by The Wall, which was a kick-arse club down in Deep Ellum... they also hosted a fantastic Retro night. 

At one of the Synthpop events, they handed out promotional copies of We Are Eyes, We Are Builders. I was completely blown away by their song, "Marbleyezed". When I was goofing around on YouTube one day, I saw, in the comments of the previously mentioned song, that an individual requested an upload of "Modern Love", and since that particular song was only available on the promotional copy, I honored his request and uploaded it... I think it has close to 500 views now.

"Candy Girl" is a really sweet (ha!) little tune. I'm uncertain as to whether the YouTube clip I selected is an official video or not, but it is fantastic, nonetheless!!! And in case you missed my upload of "Modern Love", I'll include it below the lyrics...



There's something sweet here next to me; a girl with lips sweeter than candy. When we kiss it's a calorie; anything sweeter and it'd be misery, sweet misery; she tastes like candy. Sha na na na na na....she's my candy girl. Under a sky that feels so large, we collect like dust amongst the stars; you're my star. I'll take my spaceship through these skies to get so close to your distant eyes. I swallow my pride to be at her side. There's something sweet here next to me; a girl with lips more cordial than brandy. When we kiss it's a calorie; anything sweeter and it'd be misery, sweet misery. The orchestra plays for you and me; we walk along to the same old melody.



2 comments:

  1. I just listened to "Candy Girl" earlier today. Sweet. I like your style, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who listens to Soviet must have equally impeccable style... so I like yours too!! ;-)

      Delete