Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week Seventy-Eight: Spooky Tunes - Part Deux - Bubblegum Rock Style - Vic Mizzy - "The Addams Family Theme Song"



Happy Halloween!!!

I have already mentioned that I ADORE The Addams Family, and I realize that the theme song is not exactly Bubblegum Rock. However, it was released around the same era as the Bubblegum Rock craze, and I'm hoping you'll let it slide. I have also already mentioned that I had the pleasure of seeing The Addams Family musical performed as part of the Dallas Summer Musicals last year, and I even dressed up as Wednesday Addams for Halloween two years ago --- because dressing up as Morticia would have been less-than-appropriate school attire. All of the adults knew that I was Wednesday, but my students thought I was Esther from the film, Orphan. When I cleared it up for them that I was actually Wednesday, most of them had no clue to whom it was I was referring, until they went home and looked it up that evening... it's a sad state of affairs these days, folks, when the youngsters are not familiar with The Addams Family!!!



Since Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, I dug through some old photos and tried to find some pictures to commemorate my celebrations throughout the years. You have to keep in mind that every day was pretty much Halloween for me from the ages of about 15 to 26, and I posted many of those photos last year on October 31st. However, I did find some others to share with you this year... so here goes:


This one was taken around 1981 because we were still living in Mesquite at that time. I loved my costume, but it was so hard to breathe in that silly mask. I was supposed to be some kind of princess!


This one was taken around 1982 at our house on McNeil Street. This was one of the first pumpkins that I ever remember helping to carve. I think we did a fairly decent job!


Please excuse my lapse in judgment for this one --- I was still drinking very heavily at this point!!! This one was taken in 2003 when I dressed up as a pimp-ette, complete with a pimp-ette cane and a pimp-ette hat. I got lots of free drinks that night though!!! :-D Believe it or not, I became a Catholic school teacher less than one year later!!!


This one was taken in 2008 when my ex and I decided to dress up as vampires. I actually had red hair at that point, from using henna, which is why I am wearing a wig in the picture --- please also excuse the poor quality of this photo; it was printed on very cheap photo paper. I still had braces at that point too, which is why my mouth and lips look a little funny!

And as a treat for you today, I will include another Spooky Tune that would qualify as Bubblegum Rock called "Love Potion #9" below the lyrics... I hope you have a fantastic All Hallow's Eve!!!



They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky, 
The Addams Family.
Their house is a museum 
Where people come to see 'em 
They really are a scream 
The Addams Family. 
(Neat) 
(Sweet) 
(Petite) 
So get a witches shawl on 
A broomstick you can crawl on 
We're gonna pay a call on 
The Addams Family.


No comments:

Post a Comment