Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week Fifty-Six: 56 Years of Siouxsie Sioux - Siouxsie - "They Follow You" - MantaRay

In honor of Siouxsie's 56th birthday, which was celebrated on May 27th, I am having another week to pay tribute to my favorite band in the whole wide world: Siouxsie and the Banshees.
<3 ** <3 ** <3 ** <3 ** <3 ** <3 ** <3


I had originally intended to close this week out by attempting to impress you with more of my Siouxsie memorabilia  - like maybe my super-rare back patch, or my autographed album that an ex-boyfriend acquired for me, or possibly some shirts that sell for a small fortune on eBay, or even some singles that are extremely hard-to-find. However, I am too tired to scan or photograph all of it, so I am going to instead share with you a fan-made video that is set to this song and that is quite impressive. In fact, I will have to admit that my collection pales in comparison to this guy's collection.

Tomorrow is my very last day to teach, and believe me, I am anything but sad about it. I am, however, just completely worn out from all the demands that come with closing out a school year.

I will most likely have a week for The Creatures at some point, and I will promise to give you more Siouxsie and Budgie treats then... until that time, enjoy the following YouTube clip:


Wounds heal in time
Scars leave their signs
Sewn up inside
Sewn up in mind
They follow you - follow you

Swallowing pills
Intoning spells
All potions spill
Down the wishing well
They follow you - To sorrow you

It doesn't work anymore
They follow you - To sorrow you

Sew up this eye
Stitch up this smile
Embroidered tears
Down the wishing well
They follow you - To sorrow you

It doesn't work anymore
They follow you - follow you

Mix me a brew - An elixir to soothe
Mix me a brew - An elixir to soothe
A cure!

Wounds heal in time
Scars leave their signs
Sewn up inside
Sewn up in mind
They follow you - follow you

And here's a mellow one to take you into the weekend and to calm you after last night's treacherous storms:


No comments:

Post a Comment