Monday, May 20, 2013

Week Fifty-Five: The Smiths & 54 Years of Moz - "I Know It's Over" - The Queen is Dead

In honor of Morrissey's 54th birthday, which will be celebrated this Wednesday, May 22nd, I am having The Smiths week; however, most of my stories surrounding The Smiths are far too personal to share with the world, so I am resorting to a lovely book I once happened upon called The Smiths: All Men Have Secrets. This book was the original inspiration for my blog as it recounts tales of the meanings particular songs hold for their listeners... Happy Birthday, my dearest Moz!!!

  

@::@::@::@::@::@::@::@::@::@::@::@::@

Before I post the images of what others had to say about the song, "I Know It's Over", from the above-mentioned book, I will share with you that this is my favorite song by The Smiths. Just a few weeks ago, I came across a necklace on eBay that had some lyrics from this song, and I quickly snatched it up. I will share an image of it below:








And from the opening night of Morrissey's 2012 Concert Tour, which was eventually cancelled due to his illness, here is a live performance of what most of us ultimately missed out on...




And I will be pulling lyrics from another treasure that I picked up somewhere along the way... this book was printed in Italy and includes the lyrics in both English and Italian...






No comments:

Post a Comment