Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week One: She & Him - "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" - Volume One

I discovered She & Him as a result of watching the incredibly brilliant film, (500) Days of Summer.  I have spoken to people who have insanely mixed feelings about this film, but I personally find it to be inspiring and uplifting.  So what if there is a bit of heartbreak?  Life goes on, as the film suggests.

I remember watching Summer (Zooey Deschanel) singing that sweet little tune at karaoke night and thinking, "Wow, she's good!"  Then through the help of the internet, I realized that she had actually released an album with M. Ward, whom I consider to be a guitar genius!

So, as I was fiddling around youtube one day, I found this promo video for "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?", as well as for (500) Days of Summer.




Why do let me stay here?
All by myself
Why don't you come and play here?
I'm just sitting on the shelf

Why don't you sit right down and stay awhile?
We like the same things and I like your style
Its not a secret; why do you keep it?
I'm just sitting on the shelf

I got to get your presence
Let's make it known
I think you're just so pleasant
I would like you for my own

Why don't you sit right down and make me smile? (uh huh)
You make me feel like I am just a child
Why do you end it?
Just give me credit
I'm just sitting on the shelf

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, video and movie. I want to learn the dance, but have no partner. I like the heartbreak of the movie. It made me hate Zooey, for awhile, but I overcame that.

    ReplyDelete