Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week Four: Various Duets - Amy Winehouse & Tony Bennett - "Body & Soul" - Lioness: Hidden Treasures

I actually shed tears on the day that Amy Winehouse passed away.  I was really pulling for her to get her life back together.  Say what you will about her, but I believe that she was a rare gem in this cookie-cutter world; I also adore her musical talent and vocals!

It really hurts my heart that Amy didn't make it because my time in sobriety has truly been the best years of my life.  However, I could not imagine having to rehash my past, especially the heartache and heartbreak, all the time, like she did every time she sang a song off of Back to Black.  I don't think anyone will ever truly understand what that must have been like for her, but you can kind of see the impact in the footage of her final concert performance.  RIP Sweet Amy!



My heart is sad and lonely
For you I sigh, for you dear only
Why haven't you seen it
I'm all for you body and soul

I spend my days in longing
And wondering why it's me that you're wronging
I tell you that I mean it
I'm all for you body and soul

I can't believe it
It's hard to conceive it
That you'd turn away romance
Are you pretending
It looks like the ending
Unless I could have one more chance to prove, dear

My life a wreck you're making
You know I'm yours for just the taking
I'd gladly surrender myself to you body and soul

My life a wreck you're making
You know I'm yours for just the taking
I'd gladly surrender myself to you body and soul

No comments:

Post a Comment