Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week Four: Various Duets - Morrissey & Siouxsie - "Interlude" - Interlude Single

When I began to hear rumors that Morrissey & Siouxsie were working on a duet, I told myself that it was far too good to be true.  Then I began reading more and more about the collaboration in the music magazines to which I subscribed, and I soon discovered that the only thing that was keeping the single from being released was bickering amongst the record labels as to which artists' label should release the song.

At that point, I was about ready to go out to wherever I had to go to serve as a mediator so that I could get my hot little hands on a copy of the single.  Finally, by the grace of all the deities, the single was released on Parlophone.

Then I had to fight yet another battle.  I had to find a local record shop that would be willing to wrangle me a copy.  This was in pre-internet days; so I could not jump online and place an order.  I still needed a middleman in the form of a super cool music dealer. 

Fortunately for me, the owner of Mohawk Music, which was upstairs from the deli where I worked in high school, promised me that she would work her magic and acquire the single for me.  She kept true to her word, and shortly after its release, I owned my very own copy of this magical tune from two of my greatest idols.


Time is like a dream

And now, for a time, you are mine

Let's hold fast to the dream

That tastes and sparkles like wine

Who knows (who knows)

If it's real

Or just something we're both dreaming of

What seems like an interlude now

Could be the beginning of love

Loving you

Is a world that's strange

So much more than my heart can hold

Loving you

Makes the whole world change

Loving you, I could not grow old

No, nobody knows

When love will end

So till then, sweet friend ...

Time is like a dream

And now, for a time, you are mine

Let's hold fast to the dream

That tastes and sparkles like wine

Who knows (who knows)

If it's real

Or just something we're both dreaming of ?

What seems like an interlude now

Could be the beginning of love

What seems like an interlude now

Could be the beginning of love

What seems like an interlude now

Could be the beginning of love

No comments:

Post a Comment