Thursday, February 13, 2014

Week Ninety-Three: Love Songs - Golden Oldies Style - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" - The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

I find it interesting that when I want to listen to really phenomenal love songs, my natural inclination is never to go looking at the latest hits or even to my beloved Retro/New Wave tunes... I like to take it way, way back to the 1950s and 1960s when musicians could really write meaningful love songs. You may remember that, at this time last year, I covered Classic Country tunes; this year, I'm going to celebrate the week of love with some Golden Oldies!!! And if you thought I gave you a ton of music to explore last week, then you're in for a real treat this week!!!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


So you may remember that I already mentioned Frankie Valli during Candy Songs Week and that I mentioned today's song when I posted about the Pet Shop Boys tune, "Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You)", which is a mash-up of U2's song and Frankie Valli's song.  However, "I Can't Take My Eyes Off You" has always been one of my all-time favorite Golden Oldies, and it definitely deserves its own individual post!

I'm not going to go into a lot of the history of the band because they achieved great amounts of fame, and you can easily locate anything your heart so desires about this band. I will tell you that it is a goal of mine to see the musical, Jersey Boys, which is based on The Four Seasons, the next time it passes through on the Dallas Summer Musicals rotation.

In addition to today's song, I'm also including: "Working My Way Back to You"; "Who Loves You"; "Let's Hang On"; "Save It For Me"; "My Eyes Adored You"

And in keeping with tradition, if you are lacking your very own special Valentine tomorrow, I once again grant you permission to consider yourself my Honorary Valentine, and I have included your Valentine gift in the form of a playlist at the end of this post --- with 15 tracks for you this year!!! XOXOXOXO




You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
I can't take my eyes off you.

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you makes me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm the lonely nights.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh pretty baby,
Now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you.

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.
You'd be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.

I love you baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm the lonely nights.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh pretty baby,
Now that I found you stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you...









<3 Anastasia's "Honorary Valentine" Playlist <3
























No comments:

Post a Comment