Monday, February 25, 2013

Week Forty-Three: Patsy Cline - "Sweet Dreams (of You)" - 12 Greatest Hits

I know... I know!!! You were probably thinking to yourself: "Didn't she just comment about neglecting the ladies on her blog, and then she goes and leaves out all of the female Classic Country greats the week before last?!?!?!"

Well, that's because, my dearest blogland readers, the ladies are each getting their own week --- not all at once or anything. I'll intersperse them between other genres, but they are too phenomenal to lump into one week!!!

Interestingly enough, though, it was Don Gibson who wrote today's song, "Sweet Dreams (of You)", and even Faron Young covered it. However, Patsy Cline's version got the most notoriety on various charts.

I'm also including another well-known hit, "Crazy", below the lyrics because there are other songs of hers that I would rather talk about over the course of this week, but I definitely don't want to leave that one out...



Sweet dreams of you
Every night I go through
Why can't I forget you and start my life anew
Instead of having sweet dreams about you

You don't love me, it's plain
I should know I'll never wear your ring
I should hate you the whole night through
Instead of having sweet dreams about you

Sweet dreams of you
Things I know can't come true
Why can't I forget the past, start loving someone new
Instead of having sweet dreams about you



No comments:

Post a Comment