Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week Forty-Three: Patsy Cline - "Seven Lonely Days" - The Patsy Cline Story


There is one person who will forever remain synonymous with Patsy Cline –-- and it's my paternal grandmother, Mary Frances. Besides adoring my grandfather (oh, and Elvis Presley – can't forget Elvis), my grandmother absolutely adored Patsy.

I distinctly remember my grandmother singing “Seven Lonely Days,” and when Patsy gets to the “boo-hoo-hoo-hoo” part, my grandmother's and Patsy's voices blended seamlessly. It was eerie!

Whenever I would whine about something to my grandmother, her response to me would often be her rendition of Patsy's: "boo-hoo-hoo-hoo"!!!

Gawd!!! That would totally piss me off!!! What pisses me off even more, though, is how I lost my grandmother. I know I mentioned it in another post, but my grandmother drank herself to death. I was already 4 years sober when I lost her, but with all of the striking similarities that she and I possess, it is just a constant reminder for me to continue on in my path of sobriety...

I'm also including another Patsy tune called "Heartaches" below the lyrics...




Seven lonely days make one lonely week
Seven lonely nights make one lonely me
Ever since the time you told me we were through
Seven lonely days I cried and I cried for you

Oh, my darlin' you're cryin', boo-hoo-hoo-hoo
There's no use in denyin' I cried for you
It was your favorite pastime, makin' me blue
Last week was the last time I cried for you

Seven hankies blue I filled with my tears
Seven letters true I filled with my fears
Guess it never pays to make your lover blue
Seven lonely days I cried and I cried for you

Oh, my darlin you're cryin', boo-hoo-hoo-hoo
Now, there's no use in denyin' I cried for you
It was your favorite pastime, makin' me blue
Last week was the last time I cried for you
Last week was the last time I cried for you





No comments:

Post a Comment