Monday, February 11, 2013

Week Forty-One: Classic Country - Faron Young - "Alone With You" - Classic Country: Golden '50's [Disc 2]

Since I have mentioned a few times already that I grew up listening to Classic Country as a young girl, I felt that the Week of Love, aka Valentine's Day Week, would be the perfect time for these postings!

Wow!!! These Classic Country composers were masters at writing love songs!!! The lyrics tended to be fairly simple, but the music was always so rich and lush --- especially the guitar playing.

I adore the clips of the Classic Country variety shows, as well. I know every generation had its struggles, but I still cherish what seems to be the simplicity of the times and the wholesome appearances of the individuals of that day and age! Plus, it reminds me of spending summers at Lake Whitney with my grandparents and staying up late watching Hee-Haw!!!

Check out the facial expressions that Faron Young makes while he's singing... I love it... it gives him such character!!!

I am including another tune by Faron Young below the lyrics called "Honey Stop! (And Think of Me)"...




How I'd love to be around you when the lonely night surrounds you
How I'd love to be alone with you
What I'd give to have the power to read your mind one hour
How I'd love to be alone with you
Just to be with you one night you and me alone
Kiss your lips and hold you tight have you for my own
This would be a joy unending could be a real beginning
How I'd love to be alone with you
[ guitar ]
How I'd love to be around you when the lonely night surrounds you
How I'd love to be alone with you
If I only knew for certain I'd cut out all my flirtin'
How I'd love to be alone with you
Just to be with you one night you and me alone
Kiss your lips and hold you tight have you for my own
Won't you try to be my baby just for once and then well maybe
I could always be alone with you
Won't you try to be my baby just for once and then well maybe
I could always be alone with you and I could always be alone with you




No comments:

Post a Comment