Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week Forty-One: Classic Country - Don Gibson - "Sea of Heartbreak" - Classic Country (1960-1964) [Disc 1]

** Happy Mardi Gras!!! **

When I reveal to others that I love Classic Country music, they always give me an odd look before asking, "Are those the songs where they sing about losing their dog and crying in their beer?" **sigh** How sadly misinformed people truly are... it's the more Modern Country songs that gave that genre of music such a ridiculous image!!!

Don Gibson is one of my all-time favorite Classic Country artists. His songs tend to be more about lost love and heartbreak, but they are so captivating. Plus, I am incredibly heartbroken that my dear, dear Morrissey had to cancel his Dallas show for Monday, 2/18, due to a bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus... get well soon, my Love!!!

I'm including another one of my favorites by Don Gibson called "Oh Lonesome Me" below the lyrics... because I will be very, very lonesome next Monday evening without my one and only Moz... **tear**



The lights in the harbor,
Don't shine for me.
I'm like a lost ship,
Adrift on the sea. 


Sea of heartbreak, lost love an' loneliness;
Memories of your caress, so divine.
I wish you were mine again, my dear.
I am on this sea of tears:
Sea of heartbreak. 


How did I lose you?
Oh, where did I fail?
Why did you leave me,
Always to sail? 


This sea of heartbreak, lost love an' loneliness;
Memories of your caress, so divine.
How I wish you were mine again, my dear.
I am on this sea of tears:
Sea of heartbreak. 


Oh, what I'd give to sail back to shore;
Back to your arms once more. 
Oh, come to my rescue;
Come here to me .
Take me and keep me,
Away from the sea. 


Yes, this sea of heartbreak, lost love an' loneliness;
Memories of your caress, so divine.
How I wish you were mine again, my dear.
I'm on this sea of tears:
Sea of heartbreak. 


It's a sea of heartbreak.



No comments:

Post a Comment