Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week Ninety-Eight: Luck o' the Irish - The Cranberries - "Liar" - Empire Records Soundtrack

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I will be covering Irish artists and bands
(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)


I realize that "Liar" is probably not most individual's favorite song by The Cranberries, but "Liar", along with "How", are two of my favorites because they both appeared in one of my all-time beloved films, Empire Records. "How" did not make it onto the official soundtrack, but it's most certainly in the movie.

The Cranberries hit the scene in '93 during the tail end of my Freshman year in high school, and I also loved their breakthrough release, "Dreams", which appeared in an episode of my favorite TV show at the time, My So-Called Life (did I mention that I own the box set on DVD?!?!?)... so I will include that one for you today, as well!!!

The Cranberries have so many phenomenal songs, and you owe it to yourself to check out some of their other tunes...




Say it if you want to
And say it if you will
But if you don't say what you are thinking
No, I won't take too kindly to it.

When all I want is something special
And you can't give it to me
And all you do is lie to me 
'cause you're a liar liar liar

I will run I will fight
I will take you through the night

I will run I will fight
I will take you through the night

Say it if you want to
And say it if you choose
Because if you don't say what you are thinking
No, I won't take too kindly to it. 

When all I want is something different
And you couldn't give it to me
And all you do is lie to me 
So you're a liar liar liar

I will run I will fight
I will take you through the night

I will run I will fight
I will take you through the night


I will fight you
I will fight you
I'm fighting you

You know
You're a liar liar liar
Liar





No comments:

Post a Comment