Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week Ninety-Eight: Luck o' the Irish - My Bloody Valentine - "Sueisfine" - Isn't Anything

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I will be covering Irish artists and bands
(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)


When I worked at Jason's Deli in high school, it seemed like many of my co-workers and customers were in local bands; so I had lots of music mentors constantly turning me on to good music.

One of my co-workers, Reed, who toured Europe with MC 900 Ft. Jesus found out that I was taking a summer trip to England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, and he insisted that I search out some My Bloody Valentine tunes when I was in Ireland.

He knew I was a huge fan of The Jesus and Mary Chain, and he knew I would love MBV as a result. Interestingly enough, Wikipedia even mentions a JAMC similarity:

"Dave Thompson, in his book Alternative Rock, described the album's sound as 'dry ice-piercingly intense guitar drones and hefty nods to miasmic hardcore soup, oozing a contrary trance-spun drone. Noise becomes beauty as feedback is layered over vocals over feedback ad infinitum'."

"'Several Girls Galore' has been described as 'a cubist take on The Jesus and Mary Chain'."

In addition to today's selection, I will also include "Several Girls Galore", "Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside)" and "Feed Me With Your Kiss"...

***There is inappropriate language in today's lyrics, but it's not easy to make out the words***


I will don't leave
Me here alone, oh

Sueisfine

Hold hold hold me
Talk a lot don't brood again

Sueisfine

Give me (f*ck c*nt)
Now you'll taste so good


Sueisfine





No comments:

Post a Comment