Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week Seventy-Nine: Sunday Songs - Morrissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday" - Viva Hate

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but I typically compose my posts for the entire week on Sunday, and then I update each daily post as events unfold in my life. I was having a bit of a difficult time coming up with a theme for this week; so since we technically got an extra hour on Sunday, 11/3, I figured I would do a Sunday celebration and cover songs that have Sunday in the title

S*U*N*D*A*Y*F*U*N*D*A*Y*S*U*N*D*A*Y*F*U*N*D*A*Y


Of course, most of you probably already knew that I was going to end the week with this one, but that doesn't mean that I don't have a bit of a coincidental surprise for you!!!

Before I get to your end-of-the-week surprise, I wanted to point out that I was so excited to see that Morrissey's autobiography, that he had been talking about for years and years, was finally released in the U.K. I was less than pleased to see that it does not yet have a U.S. publisher. I found this article in The Dallas Morning News a few weeks ago:


I have been patiently waiting for this to be released since I first heard him mention in an interview that he was writing his memoir. I am so tempted to order it from eBay; however, I want to make sure that I support whatever U.S. publisher is ultimately brilliant enough to market Morrissey's autobiography. Therefore, I am going to hold out just a bit longer, if possible, but I am seriously jonesin' to read it!!!

***So on Monday evening, when I was driving home from work, Richard Blade informed me, via 1st Wave,  that there is now, indeed, a U.S. publisher and that Morrissey's autobiography will be released here on December 3rd!!!***

Now for your surprise --- I swear that this was purely coincidental, but I relish little co-inkie-dinks like this one. Since it is November, I am going to include "November Spawned a Monster", and when I was looking at the single, I realized that one of the B-sides was "Girl Least Likely To"... So I started off the week by mentioning the film, Girl Most Likely, and I'm ending the week with the song, "Girl Least Likely To"... Well she lives for the written word; And people come second, or possibly third... But she would die if we heard her sing from the heart; Which is hurt...





Trudging slowly over wet sand
Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
This is the coastal town
That they forgot to close down
Armageddon - come Armageddon!
Come, Armageddon! come!

Everyday is like Sunday
Everyday is silent and grey

Hide on the promenade
Etch a postcard :
How I dearly wish I was not here
In the seaside town
...that they forgot to bomb
Come, come, come - nuclear bomb

Everyday is like Sunday
Everyday is silent and grey

Trudging back over pebbles and sand
And a strange dust lands on your hands
(and on your face...)
(on your face...)
(on your face...)
(on your face...)

Everyday is like Sunday
Win yourself a cheap tray
Share some greased tea with me

Everyday is silent and grey




No comments:

Post a Comment