Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week Eighty: Electronic - "Feel Every Beat" - Electronic

In honor of Johnny Marr passing through Dallas a few days ago and stopping by The Granada Theater - (I unfortunately did not make it out to the show), I figured that I would cover Electronic this week, as I promised you I eventually would...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ha! I love watching this video because I always feel compelled to do the exact same head bobbing side-to-side that you see Johnny Marr doing throughout it.

I was curious to know the background to this song, so I looked it up on Wikipedia and found the following:

"['Feel Every Beat'] is a combination of rock and house music, and is a favourite of both the two members, Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner. Marr began an early version of 'Feel Every Beat' with the intention of releasing it on a solo album. Sumner's lyrics are about the criminalisation of rave culture in Britain."

I will add that I have only been to one rave in my entire life that was held at Deep Ellum Live around 1995 in Dallas, and it was complete sensory overload!!! I had to leave after a short period of time because it was just a bit too much for me to take in. Okay, so it probably didn't help at all that I had consumed a substance prior to entering the rave - not one of my finest or proudest moments in life - but I really thought I was losing my mind when all of the lights and sounds were layered on top of my completely altered state --- yikes!!! I don't remember much about that night, but when I see some of the lights in the background of the video, I kind of, sort of recall it being like that --- magnified by a bazillion!!!


Have you ever been a victim in a violent fight
When you know it's not true and you know it's not right
Got not one ounce, inch of control
You got lust for blood runnin' in your soul
You know if every person upon this earth
Became the image of the mother in a violent birth
We could sow the seed, toss up the sand
And heal this brutal beat-up land

If there's a place to be why don't you come with me
Listen to your father, listen to your brother
Take every chance that comes, maybe you'll find someone
We don't need to argue, we just need each other

There's a mirror on the table, if you feel you could use it
Don't be ashamed, go ahead just do it
Protect your cranium, let it explode
Put your faith in the mother lode
Now if all this seems to be eccentric
Be aware be sure I meant it
The tunnel of love has got no end
I'm well received, but I don't send



No comments:

Post a Comment