Monday, September 30, 2013

Week Seventy-Four: The Cure - "The Perfect Girl" - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me

Sometimes I worry that I am going to run out of bands and/or songs to share with you, but then I remember that there are sooooooooo many big name bands, like The Cure, that I still need to cover on this blog!

I have already revealed to you that "Just Like Heaven" has been and still is my all-time favorite song in the whole wide world since 1988. However, instead of covering their major hits, which you can easily locate yourself on YouTube, I'm going to talk about some of their lesser known tunes, starting with "The Perfect Girl".

Actually, I should probably start out by mentioning that I have had the pleasure of seeing The Cure twice. The first time I saw them was in 1996 at Reunion Arena. My ticket stub and the write-up are pictured below:




The second time that I caught The Cure was with my lovely mother when they stopped by the American Airlines Center in 2008. My printed ticket and an online preview are both included below (how greatly things changed over a 12-year-period!!!):



Okay, so back to the song... I once had an ex-boyfriend tell me that this was "my song", which would almost be one of those **awwwwww, how sweet** moments if he wasn't such a royal j@ck@ss!!!

In addition to "The Perfect Girl", I will also include "The Perfect Boy", which was released 21 years after "The Perfect Girl"...




You're such a strange girl
I think you come from another world
You're such a strange girl
I really don't understand a word
You're such a strange girl
I'd like to shake you around and around
You're such a strange girl
I'd like
To turn you
All upside down

You're such a
Strange girl
The way you look like you do
You're such a strange girl
I want
To be with you

I think I'm falling
I think I'm falling in
I think I'm falling in love with you
With you




2 comments:

  1. I got this web page from my buddy who informed me about this
    web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative articles or reviews here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback! I hope you find some new bands or songs that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete