Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week Seventy-Three: Synthpop - Part Deux - Clan of Xymox - "Stranger" - Clan of Xymox

Clan of Xymox stopped by The Church at The Lizard Lounge in April of 1999, and I finally got to hear them play "Stranger" live. Like most of the other shows that I caught at The Lizard Lounge, I did not purchase my ticket in advance; so I do not have a stub to commemorate the event. However, I was standing right in front of Ronny Moorings as he was singing this tune, and that memory will forever be etched in my brain.

Clan of Xymox will be stopping by Houston, Texas, on October 26th to play at The Underworld Halloween event at Numbers night club. It might be worth the trip, and it will be my birthday weekend... we shall see... I will keep you posted.

I will also include a few of my other favorites by Xymox called "A Day", "This World", and "Stumble and Fall"...



No one feeling
We are stranger
When I looked into your eyes
When I looked into your eyes
Stranger
The thought to talk
They walk the talk
So let's just go from place to place
And as long as we don't talk from face to face
The stranger
Stranger
Stranger








No comments:

Post a Comment