Monday, September 9, 2013

Week Seventy-One: James - "Born of Frustration" - Seven

Oh my geez!!! So I have heard of car dealership horror tales, but my only new vehicle purchasing experience, up until this past Saturday, occurred back in 2001 when I purchased a Hyundai Tiburon. However, my uncle worked at the dealership; so I basically made my down payment and walked away with my keys and my new car. I was not a witness to all of the wheeling and dealing that had obviously taken place in order to obtain the Tiburon.

I am going to spare you from the gory details of my experience with Southwest Kia as I was attempting to purchase a Kia Soul, and instead, I will tell you that calling the experience frustrating would be the understatement of the century!!! I had to get my dad out of there before he punched one (or more) of the salespeople for being so ignorant and insulting. Note to Southwest Kia: Either teach your salespeople how to lie a little bit more convincingly or teach them how to do better Math!!!!!!!

So, it is safe to assume that I am not the owner of a Kia Soul because my dad point blank asked me if I wanted to see how a real car deal should go down as we headed to the Ford dealership. Talk about the difference between night and day!!!

We were greeted by the Fleet Manager who handed over the keys to a 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE in Race Red and told me that he expected me to take it out for a minimum of 20 minutes... by myself... there was no desperate salesperson breathing down my neck trying to sell me a piece of junk as I was test driving the vehicle. It was just me and my dad and the car.

I was not out for 20 minutes because I knew I wanted the car within the first 5 minutes of driving it. There was no wheeling and dealing. He asked me what I wanted to pay, and he figured out how to make it happen. If you are in the market for a new car, take my advice and go to Randall Reed's Prestige Ford --- you will not regret it, nor will you leave feeling the level of frustration that I experienced at the first dealership.

So I will start this week off with "Born of Frustration" because that is the song that was going through my head as I was waiting for the Kia dealership to return my keys to my truck, which they were practically holding hostage!!! 



All this frustration 
I can't meet all my desires 
Strange conversation 
Self-control has just expired 
All an illusion 
Only in my head you don't exist 
Who are you fooling 
Don't need a shrink but an exorcist 

Show me the movie 
Of who you are and where you're from 
Born of frustration 
Caught up in the webs you've spun 
Where's the confusion 
A vision of what life is like 
Show me the movie 
That doesn't deal in black and white 

Stop stop talking about who's to blame 
When all that counts is how to change 
Stop stop talking about who's to blame 
When all that counts is how to change 

All this frustration 
All this frustration 
Who put brown owl eyes on a butterfly's wings 
All this frustration 
All this frustration 
Who gave the leopards spots and taught the birds to sing 

Born of frustration 
Born of frustration 

I'm living in the weirdest dream 
Where nothing is the way it seems 
Where no one's who they need to be 
Where nothing seems that real to me 
What can we build our lives upon 
No wall of stone, no solid ground 
The world is spinning endlessly 
We're clinging to our own beliefs 

Born of frustration 
Born of frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment