Thursday, December 26, 2013

Week Eighty-Six: YouTube Suggestions - The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Just Like Honey" - Psychocandy

So, as you may or may not already know, I have created playlists on YouTube of all of the videos that I post to my blog, and sometimes, as I'm adding these videos to the playlists, I'll jot down some of the suggestions to post about at a later time. And, well, I guess that "later time" has now arrived because I am going to use this week to post about one suggested video from each of my four playlists.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\


The Jesus and Mary Chain was a suggestion from Playlist IV's "Confetti" by The Lemonheads. I absolutely, completely, and totally adore The Jesus and Mary Chain!!! You may recall that they were my Week Two artist many, many moons ago.

I went back and added my ticket stub and a newspaper clipping to the "Head On" post; however, since it was so early on in my blog, I hadn't really started sharing any of my music memorabilia with you just yet. So today, I am going to include a scan of my copy of The Jesus and Mary Chain: Videos 1985 to 1989:




Additionally, I am going to include scans of the front and back cover of a book by an Italian publisher that I picked up along the way... as well as some quotes by those unruly, yet lovable, Reid brothers:







I'm also including three other suggested videos from "Confetti": "Never Understand", "Almost Gold", and "Come On"



Listen to the girl
As she takes on half the world
Moving up and so alive
In her honey dripping beehive
Beehive
It's good, so good, it's so good
So good

Walking back to you
Is the hardest thing that
I can do
That I can do for you
For you

I'll be your plastic toy
I'll be your plastic toy
For you

Eating up the scum
Is the hardest thing for
Me to do

Just like honey (x 17)











No comments:

Post a Comment