Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Week Eighty-Six: YouTube Suggestions - Josie Cotton - "Johnny Are You Queer?" - Valley Girl: Music from the Soundtrack

So, as you may or may not already know, I have created playlists on YouTube of all of the videos that I post to my blog, and sometimes, as I'm adding these videos to the playlists, I'll jot down some of the suggestions to post about at a later time. And, well, I guess that "later time" has now arrived because I am going to use this week to post about one suggested video from each of my four playlists.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\


This was a suggested video from a Playlist III selection by The Monroes called "What Do All the People Know?" I absolutely love the film, Valley Girl... yummy Nicholas Cage!!! It also has a killer soundtrack to boot, which included two Josie Cotton tracks!

Josie Cotton's songs are sooooooo much fun, and something very cool that I learned quite some time ago is that Josie Cotton hails from my hometown of Dallas, TX!!!

I'll also share a funny little tale with you about this song... so I had an ex-boyfriend named Jon, and my dad did not like Jon one stinkin' bit ---- and rightfully so!!! So on more than one occasion, he said to me: "Honey, I think that boy is a queer!" I swear that every time he would say that, this exact song would pop into my head!!!

I'm going to include another favorite by Josie Cotton that appears on the soundtrack called "He Could Be the One", and I'll also tack on "Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime)" by The Flirts, which you can find on the soundtrack too!



Johnny, what's the deal, boy? 
Is your love for real, boy? 
When the lights are low, 
you never hold me close.
Now I saw you today, boy, 
walking with them gay boys. 
Now you hurt me so, now I gotta know,
 Johnny are you queer? 
'Cause when I see you dancing with your friends, 
I can't help wondering where I stand. 

I'm so afraid I'll lose you 
if I can't seduce you. 
Is there something wrong? 
Johnny, come on strong. 

Why are you so weird, boy?
Johnny, are you queer, boy? 
When I make a play, 
you're pushing me away.

'Cause when I see you dancing with your friends, 
I can't help wondering where I stand. 

Johnny, you've forsaken 
a love you could be takin'. 
I want to give it to you, 
but you never come through. 

Oh, why are you so weird, boy?
 Johnny, are you queer, boy?
 When you asked for a date, 
I thought that you were straight. 
But Johnny, are you queer? 

Johnny, are you queer, boy? 
Johnny, are you queer, boy? 
Johnny, are you queer, boy? 

Hey Johnny.. Johnny are you.. you know...






No comments:

Post a Comment